Beri Kou Festival!

Well, ’twas Thanksgiving break, the time for my annual fall pilgrimage to Japan to see mah Berryz, yeah. Just a few thoughts and highlights…

Welcome to Beri Kou Fes!

Welcome to Beri Kou Fes!

First off, shout out to my fellow wota and friends in Japan and from other places around the globe. Some I’ve met for the first time, some I haven’t seen in a while. I’ve said it before, but these guys and gals really are a great group of people; I really do feel a sense of pride associating myself with ’em. I’m very lucky to be able to follow my interests and travel, pursuing my passion for Japanese music, and in turn, to meet other people who have a similar passion.

On to the concert… finally got to see Dakishimete Dakishimete. I had been wanting to see that one for some time. Kimi no Tomodachi was pretty cool too, another one I was looking forward to. The rotating setlist gave me the opportunity to see a few different combinations of the girls and songs too, which was an nice little bonus of sorts. Cutting the music and having the audience sing along with Rival, one of my favorite songs, was an awesome little experience too. Great concert overall, I wouldn’t expect anything less.

Two Chinami solos! Yea! Maasa and Captain too. The random selection worked in my favor I would say, haha. The solo performances were cute, with the rest of the Berryz as backup dancers/cheerleaders.

Chinami and her genki self was great, her smile lighting up the stage. What more can I say man. The girl has got me hooked. MC Maasa, always running the show. She really is the King of Berryz, great at leading the troops. While Captain is Captain, coming with her sharp dance moves and high energy as always.

Kumai really is a beauty. That’s nothing new, but her presence on stage has been grabbing a little bit more of my attention lately. Miyabi’s voice is as solid as ever, tho she did miss a bit of a line at one point. She continues to keep her skill in top form.

Ahh, Risako… I felt like Risako was dancing -for me- for a lot of the night on Saturday, heh. Like we kept locking eyes as she danced right there, me in the front row, we kept smiling back and forth at each other. I’m not gonna say it was awkward, but at some points I was kinda like thinking to myself, just stop, lol, this is too much. Yeah, maybe that doesn’t make much sense, but anyway, we always seem to connect at these concerts. Risako’s Ibu-sama character was cool too. She really seems to naturally fit that role and her performance was decent. Also, and maybe this will kinda come off as somewhat of a backhanded complement, but I didn’t really feel that she was dancing all that lazily this time, ha. Baby steps, yeah.

Poor Momo, always getting picked on during their little skits and such. A good chunk of it coming from Chinami as I’ve mentioned here before. It’s not only Chii that picks on her tho, each of them are in on it in their own way. Momoko is just too cute sometimes, haha.

No idea when I’ll get to see them again, but this past experience was a blast. Till next time.

9 Responses to “Beri Kou Festival!”

1. Ethanael says:

So great we could meet and enjoy this together my friend ;-)
    I wish we could meet again and again in Japan for Berryz events !

Have a nice Christmas time !
    So glad you could enjoy Chinami's solo twice !
    Yeah !

• solo-kun says:

Yeah man, it was great meeting ya. Wish we could do it more often, tho I'm happy for even the short trips, and will cherish the memories of each trip all the same.

Hope you have a great Christmas as well!

2. […] Beri Kou Festival! (Solo Space) Paris Japan Expo: Day One | Day Two | Day Three | Day Four (Berryz Kyuuden) […]

3. zush says:

ahh, you were so close to girls. .. your Chii love is well known and so to say skin deep but is Rii seriously getting now Chii's place?

still I havn't seen BK live but I hope the stars are in right positions when April comes

• solo-kun says:

No way is Risako getting Chinami’s place; not by a long shot, haha. That might sound a bit strong, but to say that Chinami is miles above the rest for me in and of itself might be an understatement. Skin deep indeed.

That said, every time I’ve seen or interacted with Risako, there’s always been a little bit of a click between us that’s hard for me to ignore.

If you make it out in April, perhaps I’ll see you there :)

• zush says:

I can't say that I'm jealous but close to that about your close encounter of the 5th kind with Rii ;)

By da way, Chii is still on my H!P girls Top Ten list and Miya on the top as always. Years come and years go but Miya is always there.

If I'm coming to Seatle we sure must meet.

almost forgot : Happi New Year!

• solo-kun says:

Cool.

As more and more time goes on, it’s getting harder and harder for me to do any sort of top ten or the like. All seven Berryz have a spot in there for me somewhere anyway. Chii, since the first second I laid eyes on Berryz, has always been on top, but I love ’em all.

Here’s to a new year filled with more Berryz goodness. Happy New Year :)

4. Ethanael says:

Hope to come in April too. But that cetainly means I couldn't go to Japan instead so i'm hesitating… what would you do ?

Oh and when will you go back to Japan btw ? ;-)

• solo-kun says:

Thinking back to what a friend told me a couple of times… you get to meet them in April, so that'd be my choice, yeah. That is, unless a similar opportunity is set to present itself while in Japan.

I'll probably have to miss their Spring concert tour, instead electing to see them here this April. That said, I may be back to Japan in February for a few days.